Monday, June 23, 2008

Chef Lauren

When I left my parent’s house when I got married, I would say that I had about zero cooking skills. I could make spaghetti, sloppy joes, grilled cheese and I could cook chicken (if it was cut up in little pieces). You know, college type cooking!

I was a little worried that now having to cook dinner every night would be a horrible punishment! Luckily, it hasn’t been too bad. Within the past year and ½ of being married, we’ve maybe had one or two nights where the recipe I use is just horrible, but I think that’s not bad…considering my skill level! I had been so worried about not knowing what to cook that I began collecting TONS of recipes. Now I’m glad I have them…but I have SO many!

Each month (or so) I get FOOD – Martha Stewart and Cooking Pleasure magazine in the mail. Plus I get the daily recipe in my email inbox. Allrecipe.com is always a good place to look for recipes (by meal type, or by ingredient).

I’ve been finding some pretty good recipes lately! I figured, why not try to make them look especially yummy and take pictures!! So here you go!

Sesame Shrimp (YUM!)



Pork Chops with a mushroom wine sauce (not too bad)


1 comment:

Connie said...

Yummy, you are quite the chef! I'm so envious and Cuong is so lucky.