Friday, September 28, 2007
Cuong's been keeping busy working on this "thesis" for his last class in his MPA program.
1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be?
Gosh, I guess I would like a vacation home in Hawaii. I wanted somewhere by the beach, but even in So Cal it can be cold at the beach. Hawaii has the nice and warm climate.
2. What's your favorite article of clothing?
Cuong thinks I'm crazy but I think I could live in jeans....and a comfy shirt or tank top.
3. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex?
Nice smile and pretty eyes
4. What's the last CD that you bought?
Gosh, I don't even remember! How sad! Sorry music industry!
5. Where's your favorite place to be?
Somewhere relaxing with nothing to worry about....and that always happens to be on vacation!
6. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Costco on a Saturday or Sunday. haha I hate when there are a bunch of stupid people all gathered in one place. Or stuck in traffic...same senario!
7. What's your favorite place to be massaged?
Almost any spa will do.....I LOVED that sugar scrub then massage at Pechanga!
8. Strong in mind or strong in body?
Both! But strong in mind can get you to be strong in body! :)
9. What time do you wake up in the morning? The alarm goes off at 5:45am. Cuong gets up at 6 and I lay there until about 6:15.
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
Strange question...I like the oven becuase then you can walk away and come back when the timer dings...but I make most of the food on the cooktop.
11. If you could play any instrument what would it be?
Well...I can play the trumpet. I guess I should probably play it more instead of having it just sit in my closet!
12. Which do you prefer...sports car or SUV?
Right now I'm getting my "sports car" out of the way before moving into the SUV.
13. What is your favorite season? Definitely summer! I like warm weather better than cold weather....plus vacation usually happens during summer!
14. What is your least favorite household chore? Trash & cleaning bathrooms (scrubbing showers/toilets)
15. If you could have one super power, what would it be? I would agree with Connie...be able to clone myself when I need to so I would be able to get everything done in a 24 hur period.
16. What's your favorite day? Saturdays. It's the ultimate weekend day. You didn't just get off work...and you don't have to worry about going to work the next day!
17. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? Sorry, hamburger for me! Nice and juicy!
Now you try this, if you blog . . . then copy and paste with your own answers and leave your blog address in the comments. Or if you want, just copy and paste to the comments section. Have a great Friday!
Monday, September 17, 2007
My boss just told me that one of the VP's from our design center called him this afternoon to let him know that they are setting up a meeting with some of the big wigs from my company to talk about switching the ordering of appliances to the design center. The ordering of appliances is...ahem!! part of MY job!!
That might be okay if we were super busy...but in this economy, I'm fighting to get any kind of work I can. I've heard of cut throat, but yikes...if they take that portion of my job, I hope I won't get laid off!!
I haven't been in the industry during the down turns, so this is all new to me.
So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to stick it out and that the market turns back around for us!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Then Mahiely came down the other staircase, escorted by her father. She looked gorgeous!In order to prove himself to both families, Bokeem was asked to pick up his bride. He then asked both families if they would also help him take care of Mahiely.Next the minister had Mahiely remove her shoes in order to step on two blocks of clay. Once she had successfully molded her footprints into the clay, he presented them to Bokeem. He told him that he needed to keep those molds close to his heart and in a special part of his home because the footprints of his bride were something to be cherished.
We were then instructed to enter the ballroom where the reception would be held. They had cocktails & appetizers for about the first hour.
There were plenty of speeches, then salad and dinner. We danced for a while before the First Dance, and then continued dancing before the cake cutting.
We had a wonderful time with our friends!