Thursday, April 17, 2008

Snake!!!

We had our first encounter with wildlife OTHER than cute, fuzzy bunnies yesterday. I left work early to meet my friend George at the house to do some drywall repair. George used to work for Warmington, but is now doing drywall with his brother. (They do an excellent job, by the way)
He was running in and out of the front door to grab tools from his truck. On his way back in he said, ”Do you have a pet snake? There’s one in you front yard!” AHHHH!

He was sitting at the edge of the planter closest to the house, right near the front door! I watched him for about a ½ hour. George had an air compressor in his truck and he had to run a tube from there, through the front door and up the stairs in order to spray the texture….which meant the door was propped open about an inch.


You better believe I kept an eye on that snake. I called Cuong to tell him about it. He told me to take pictures and email him the pictures. While I was upstairs emailing the pictures….I lost track of the snake. I went back out and I couldn’t find him!


He didn’t have a rattler or a diamond shaped head, so he was probably just a garden variety of snake…but I definitely wouldn’t want to run into him while trimming the plants! Eeeek!
I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that I won’t have to deal with him again!


1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow, that's scary. I've never been this close to a real snake except at the zoo. Yikes!