Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thanksgiving

With Christmas quickly approaching, I figured I should go back and blog about Thanksgiving!!

Our usual Thanksgiving has been consisting of 2 meals in one day!! For the past few years we've been down at my grandparents house in Mira Mesa (San Diego), eating and hanging out there, and moving on to Connie's house for....of course...more eating and hanging out!
This year was a bit different. With my brother living in Arizona for the past 2 years, we decided that we'd head out that way!

My parents, Cuong and I left the house in Costa Mesa at 6:30am and finally made it to Mesa, Az. at about 2:30pm or so. My aunt & uncle (who actually live full-time in Illinois) have their future retirement house in Mesa. My other aunt & uncle drove up from Chandler, Az. These were people that we've never spent a Thanksgiving with! It was definitely different!

After eating and relaxing, we made the 2 hour drive up to Prescott, Az. where my parents have their future retirement house...where my brother is living.

We were excited to meet my brother's girlfriend....but alas, that didn't pan out. She had been working 2 days of 12 hour shifts at the hospital and was too worn out to head to the bars on Whiskey Row.
Here's us at one of the bars on Whiskey Row where all the cool college kids hang out.


We saw the sights of Prescott while we were there. They have a lot of hiking trail and camp sites. My brother took us up on a hill near the famous Thumb Butte (a rock protrustion out of the hill...I guess the Native Americans thought it looked like a thumb). We took a hike trying to get a view of Thumb Butte, but we could never quite see it!



No comments: